First Line Fridays + The Friday 56 [#1]

by - September 28, 2018

Hey y'all! I wanted to introduce you all to TWO new weekly memes that I plan to implement here on the site. They are...

First Line Fridays hosted by Hoarding Books
First Line Fridays is hosted by Hoarding Books and it is exactly what it says it is. We take the first opening line of our current read and post it for you all to see. Click the image above to visit the link up.

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and the gist of the meme is to turn to page 56 or 56% if you're an ereader and post a small snippet. Click the image above to visit the link up.

This Friday I will be showing insight to Passage by Indie Gantz. I am so thankful to have received this amazing title from the lovely author.


First Line Friday: "Dear Reader, You are dead." - Wow! How is that for intrigue. It is like, yeah, okay I'll read some more.

The Friday 56: "Disorientation. Burred consciousness. Awake. Moving. My body undulates without overt force. I'm still in Kor's vehicle. Traveling at high speed, over one-hundred and seventy kilometers per hour. Crash likely."

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Happy Friday! I’m sharing about “This Is The Day” by Tim Tebow over on my blog today. I’m currently reading “Ours for a Season” by Kim Vogel Sawyer so I’ll be sharing my first line from there.

    Pine Hill, Indiana
    Mary Krieger Hirschler

    Marty followed her husband to the front door, keeping enough distance between them to prevent bumping her knee against the bulky suitcase that hung from his hand.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting excerpts and a really pretty cover. I hope you are enjoying the story. This week I am featuring the latest in a long-running science fiction space opera - Uncompromising Honor by David Weber. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today on my blog I'm sharing the first line from Roseanna M. White's An Hour Unspent. Here I'll share with you the first line from Kristi Ann Hunter's novella A Legacy of Love from The Christmas Heirloom Collection.
    "From a purely rational standpoint, Sarah Gooding should have been ecstatic with her present position."
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice first line! My first line is from Love Unexpected by Jody Hedlund (her 2014 release).

    "The blast of a gunshot awoke Emma Chambers."

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cover! You pulled me in with that beginning, for sure!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!
    Today on my blog, I am sharing the first line from Lynn Austin’s novel Legacy of Mercy. I just started the book today and I am only on chapter two, so I will share the first line from there.

    “I don’t know how to answer my son Jakob.”

    Makes me want to read on! 😊

    Hope you have an excellent day, and a relaxing weekend filled with great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is interesting! I’m sharing from an upcoming read, The Love Letter by Rachel Hauck, over on my blog today. Here are the first lines from the prologue, set during the American Revolution:

    “He must finish. He must. Stumbling, he fell to the damp earth of the maple swamp with the click-slap of musket fire ringing through the cold dew, his breath billowing.”

    Happy Friday and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Passage looks like an interesting book. Enjoy your current read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m featuring lines from Susan Stoker’s Justice for Hope on my blog today. Hope you can stop by!

    Here, I am featuring lines from Dare to Love Again by Maddie Taylor. Here is the first line of chapter 13.

    “Esme went to work the next day, determined to keep her mind focused on the million and one things she had to do rather than letting more sexy Finn daydreams distract her.”

    Happy Reading!

    Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds good to me! Happy reading. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete